Sunday, July 28, 2024

Where wolves?

Werewolves of London playtest today.  I did solve the specific problem of turtling being the optimal strategy, but now there are bigger issues I need to address.  Feedback from both players was that they loved the theme and premise of the game, but it didn't feel vicious enough - not enough meaningful interaction with each other, not enough tension around the police investigation, and, apart from me saying that Meat represents what you get from hunting for humans, nothing that actually felt like being a werewolf.  I have some ideas starting to come together for how to deal with this, but it's definitely going to take some work.  Let's see what happens over the next month or two...

In other news, PAX Unplugged ticket has been purchased.  I will be there that Saturday, in the Unpub room, hopefully with a much improved version of Werewolves of London for people to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just rip my lungs out, Jim

Massive overhaul on Werewolves of London after the last playtest, and then got to test the new version yesterday. New map - focusing on Inn...