Sunday, August 30, 2026

TtSR playtest report

Made some more changes over the past week, had a playtest today, and both players were clamoring for more at the end.  Comments included "I was getting into it and I was a little sad at how quickly it ended - I could have gladly played more rounds" and "there were many moments in this game where I felt super smart, and like I was really a great commander."  So I think I've got the core of it figured out pretty well.  The players had amazing luck with the dice and the AI cards, which helped, but even with that they were doing a lot of careful planning and strategizing to maximize their advantage.  Overall they felt like the challenge level was good.

Next big challenge for me - figuring out a more satisfying and bossfighty way to destroy the mothership rather than just getting lucky on a really good attack roll.  I'm sure I'll figure that out sooner or later... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TtSR playtest report

Made some more changes over the past week, had a playtest today, and both players were clamoring for more at the end.  Comments included ...