Sunday, June 9, 2024

Werewolves of London: enjoying some beef chow mein

I've been pushing hard on a couple of games recently and feeling like I need a break from all of them.  And also it hit me that PAX Unplugged is less than 6 months away, and I specifically want Werewolves of London to be the game that I am demoing there (and hopefully shopping around, if it's in good enough shape by then).  So I pulled that one off the back burner today and spent way too much time tracing over the city map to get images that I can use on cards.  That doesn't sound like a ton of progress, but I can't start testing the game if I don't have cards to use, so this is a good step in that direction.

Other assets I still need to create before I can set up the prototype and start testing for real: separate card decks for bidding and for when you own a territory; money tokens, in different colors for each player; game board with investigation track along one side and score track going around the other three sides.

And I guess at some point I might as well turn my pile of random notes into an actual rulebook...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just rip my lungs out, Jim

Massive overhaul on Werewolves of London after the last playtest, and then got to test the new version yesterday. New map - focusing on Inn...